Murray McKinnon Foundation (MMF), Specialized Services, Lavender Hill is seeking an energetic Team Leader who will be committed to their professional and personal development, looking for a unique opportunity for growth and is interested in contributing to the healing and recovery pathways of children/youth.
The Team Leader will be one of a two person TL unit and provide leadership and mentoring to the Direct Care Facilitators (FT and casual). They will also actively engage and support the children/youth at Lavender Hill; ensuring they are receiving relational care, adequate supervision and that plans are in place to meet their unique and individualized needs. This will take place during predictable scheduled shifts of days, evenings and occasional overnights, and alternative weekends.
- We are a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are providing out of home care for female and female identifying people, for those under 18 years of age who have been sexually exploited and/or sex trafficked.
- Our Vision at the MMF is that Youth are inspired through opportunities to learn, grown and succeed and our Mission statement aspires to encourage and support the potential of the young persons in our care.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility together with anti-oppressive and anti-racism practices. Our employees are expected to demonstrate this commitment as well as make a commitment to the agency’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and our Strategic plan.
- We provide outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday – we’re open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A safe work environment adhering to all Ministry licensing and Public Health standards
- Attractive pay (salary range from $57K – 60K)
- Paid time off
- RRSP matching of 4%
- Great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including top of the line healthcare and a wellness platform
- Benefits include dental, vision and extended my HSA care up to $650.00
- A great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future
- Extensive and paid for, professional development opportunities
- Meals, while on shift
This program operates from a confidential location; situated within Peterborough County. A valid G level drivers license and reliable vehicle will be required to access your employment site.
Successful Candidates will be expected to:
- Align with the Agency’s Mission, Vision and Value Statements as well as its Strategic Plan
- Provide and actively engage in an inclusive, anti-oppressive and anti-racist environment that promotes ‘felt’ safety to the young people and staff team
- Work closely with the LH admin team on tasks related to program development, evaluation, day to day operations (specifically shift coverage, SOR compliance and monitoring of medication)
- Support and collaborate with the program supervisor to ensure that new and existing DCF’s received superb orientation and on-going oversight and coaching
- To aid the program supervisor to ensure that all Licensing requirements are adhered to, and to take an active role in preparation for Licensing reviews
- Assist in the review of specific program documentation prepared by the DCF’s; ensuring professional standards are met, accuracy maintained and that young person’s voice is present
- To ensure that the facility is properly maintained and cared for, and that any maintenance needs and requests are shared with the Admin and Operations teams
- Actively coordinate with the young person, their internal and external stakeholders, the plan of care
- Participate, (when directed by the Director or Chief Executive Officer) in community stakeholder meetings, committees or other externally facing activities, promoting and representing the program and the foundation
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, which include the Director, to maintain that best care practices are provided to the young person
- To actively create, consider and contribute to a positive, wellness-focused and greatness concentrated work environment
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Proof of Post-Secondary education, Bachelor of Child and Youth Care (preferred); a minimum level of education required in a 2 year diploma in a related field, with at least 2 years of experience in out of home care or other child/youth care settings.
- Provide proof of Immunization records
- Provide a current Criminal Reference check, including Vulnerable sector screening
- Valid G drivers license
- For those persons who self-identify as First Voice/Survivor of sexual exploitation and/or sex trafficking, please note that education, professional membership and/or experience criteria will be waived
Preferred Experiences and Skills:
- Knowledge of legislation related to child welfare, sexual exploitation and youth justice
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Displayed competencies of self-care practices, personal/professional boundaries & commitment to growth of interpersonal skills
- Sound understanding and ability to apply the some of following counselling approaches: victim survivor centered, Feminist, cognitive-behavioral, Mindfulness.
- Understanding and utilization of team building practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with neurodiverse persons, have a creative approach, excellent verbal and written communication skills and be open to working within an environment of both ‘grey’ and rigid structure
- Specialized training on the topic of Sexual Exploitation & Human Trafficking
- Supervisory or leadership specific training/coaching certification
- Indigenous Perspectives and Designations
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Certifications such as ASIST, First Aid/CPR-C, and NVCI
- Previous work experiences in child welfare or anti-human trafficking settings
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to: The Hiring Committee at email@example.com
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT LINE: MMF Specializes Services (SS)_ Team Leader – YOUR LAST, FIRST NAME_
Job Type: Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
This location is not on a bus route and requires that you have a reliable vehicle to get to work (but not use vehicle for work). Do you have a valid G license and your own reliable vehicle for transport?
Work Location: In person