If you want to change your life, change someone else’s first.
$3,000 Retention Bonus provided!
We are looking for passionate, caring and hardworking individuals who feel a calling to help Rawhide transform the lives of at-risk youth. At Rawhide, you will find opportunities for personal and professional career development, a great benefit package, and the fulfillment of knowing the impact that your efforts will have on the lives of youth.
The Youth Development Specialist provides direct-care support in the daily functions and objectives of the Living Unit. Under the direction of the Living Unit Supervisor, the Youth Development Specialist will work with a team to create, implement and sustain a therapeutic culture that recognizes and values progress toward the treatment goals of our youth.
Essential Job Functions for Youth Development Specialist:
- Provides care and therapeutic treatment of Rawhide youth within the residential programs
- Works in conjunction with all teams involved in the development and implementation of individual treatment plans
- Assists with day-to-day residential operations and processes including medication administration
- Completes accurate documentation to remain in compliance with licensing requirements
Experience/Education for Youth Development Specialist:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; but must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Meet one of the following qualifications
- Have an associates or bachelor’s degree with a focus on child and youth care work or in a social or behavioral science field
- Have at least 1 year of successful experience working in a recognized child welfare setting for the type of population served by Rawhide
- Completion of Rawhide’s supervised traineeship program
- 2-3 years of relevant experience preferred
Skills for Youth Development Specialist:
- Exercises critical thinking, judgment and discernment
- Ability to identify and respond to crisis situations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Physically able to meet the demands of the position, including providing therapeutic physical restraints
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401k plan
- 10 paid Holidays
- PTO, VTO, Wellness Day, & Floating Holiday
- 5 Weeks Paid Sabbatical Leave
- Onsite Café (New London)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nature Trails/Waterfront on 700+ acres (New London)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Gymnasium
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Benefits for Birth or Adoption
To learn more about our Rawhide family and benefits check out the following link!
It is the policy of Rawhide Youth Services, Inc. to comply with the equal opportunity policy and standards of the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, the Department of Health Services and the Department of Workforce Development and all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations relating to nondiscrimination in employment and service delivery.